Thursday, October 23, 2008

The End of the Fun

Well I pulled up my pictures all kinds of backward, so we'll start with the end. Who knew that out of the whole trip that the beach would be the kids favorite part. Kyle and I both thought, well they will want to hang around maybe fifteen minutes and then they will be bored. When we tried to leave both of them dug in their heels. The simple things in life ARE the best.

Zoey decided that she wanted to sample all that the beach had to offer. I don't understand what is so appetizing about sand, but I couldn't get her to stop eating it.
Sea World was our second to last stop...and yes we were sitting this close. Kyle and I both thought hey you only live once, lets sit in the "Soak Zone". This might be fine for the dolphin show, but we were so soaking wet that it was like we jumped into the pool with Shamu, and got right back out. I forgot totally that Shamu lives in salt water until I was drinking it. We got to spend the rest of the day drying out and forming a nice salt crust on our skin. It was amazing to see...just very wet.

Since Mommy's favorite animal in the whole world is a Dolphin, we spent a good portion of our time at the dolphin feeding area. Parker thought it was awesome to feed them little fishes and kept asking me what they tasted like. How do you describe the taste of fish to a four year old...well son, fish tastes....fishy. Anyhow, he loved it and Zoey seemed to enjoy herself too.

We did also make it to the San Diego Zoo, and this was the absolute best picture in the world for me. My two busy little bees stood long enough with their heads in this thing to get a picture. It was GREAT!! In the end the zoo was a zoo....a big gigantic zoo, but nothing I would go fight the crowds for. Which was another interesting thing. We didn't stay too long because they were having a beer and wine tasting....at the zoo. We got out of there before too much tasting got going, because there were lots of people...and they all drove.....enough said :)





No comments: