Saturday, October 11, 2008

Universal Studios

The next park was Universal in the Rands trip. Parker got to this part of the park (above) and thought that it would be really fun to go on the clown ride. I was very hesitant to take him on it, but he really wanted to go. So we got all strapped into the motion simulator roller coaster and took off. Lets just say by the time the ride was over...Mom was right. He didn't like it much, but did enjoy meeting the characters, but he wouldn't talk to them. I think he thought it was his way of chewing them out for such a horrible ride.


This was the most fun for both kids. They have a whole Curious George play park for the kids. The outside is nothing but water either spraying you, or being dumped on you, but you go inside this building and there are thousands of nerf balls all over the floor that you put into buckets and send through different tubes. You can suck them up with a tube that drops them into a basket that when it gets full enough, drops them on your head; or you can put them into a volcano looking area that will blast them into the air. I think Zoey liked the fact that I put her down and she got to run as far and as long as she wanted to.


Zoey was obsessed with having her own bucket and putting the balls in herself. Heaven help me, she's already into the "don't help me mother" phase of her life!


I had to talk Parker into this picture....I have no idea why! :)

As most of you know, Spongebob was one of Parker's first loves, can you tell by the shirt? This trip was fun for me and Kyle because it brought to life some of these characters that he's just seen on TV or movies. It was so fun to see him light up and be excited about things. He told me George was fun, but he's such a silly monkey



I liked meeting Donkey from Shrek. There's someone in the cart that does the voice of donkey and can obviously see whoever is coming up to the cart, and carries on a full conversation. Zoey would laugh at what Donkey was saying, but when it was time to say goodbye Donkey ask if she wanted to pet him, so I leaned in and got the bloody murder scream...she didn't think Donkey was all that funny after that.

2 comments:

Steph said...

We need to check out Universal Studios! - My kids haven't been there yet. Looks like a hoot.

Lizz said...

Apparently it's been too long since we've been to Universal, none of this is familiar! looks like a blast!