Monday, July 12, 2010

Vacation!!! Part 1

We were so excited for our vacation this year. Kyle had finished up getting his masters degree...and we were ALL ready for a nice long vacation. So we spent three weeks in Virginia with Kyle's brother and his family. We stayed in their home, and did three "mini-trips" while we stayed with them. It was so nice to go and relax, play LOTS of games and have lots of fun!

We started out in New York for a mini-trip. Our first experience on the subway and LOTS of walking. We headed first to the 9/11 Memorial which brought back so many memories. It was amazing to see what was actually recovered and the number of people lost that day. Such an awesome thing to have the chance to go see.

The next stop was not only for the kids, but a must see for mom. We went to Dylan's Candy Bar! It's no secret that one day I would like to own my own shop, and I hope it's half as fun as this place was! Miles and miles of candy and fun stuff to see...well worth the walk!


Parker learned about the Statue of Liberty this last year in school, so he was excited to go see it. He was excited to see ANYTHING that had to do with the Statue. So many of these people dressed up...and Parker thought it was awesome.


I stayed behind with the littlest kids, but Kyle and Parker made it all the way to the top of the Statue of Liberty. It was about 400 steps all the way to the top. They were hot and sweaty, but I was so proud that they made it up there. Kyle told me that my fear of heights and enclosed spaces would have made it a terrible experience for me, so I think I'm glad I stayed down.

This is us at the base of the Statue. It was so hot, but at least we look cool and collected. We had such a great first day...and there was a lot more to come on this trip!





No comments: