Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fun At the Fair!

August has been a busy busy month for the Rands and it all started with the Salt Lake County Fair!! This was Parker's first experience with "wild" animals up close and he wasn't very excited about this picture. He was terrified of the cows, and the goats, and the pigs. He did like the rabbits and pigeons however. They were more his size and speed.


Zoey however was unimpressed. It was hot and she had to ride in the stroller for most of the day. She did get to have her first Tiger Paw and sips of Pepsi and I think that was the only highlight of her day.


The game workers were kind enough to give her prizes as well. Parker couldn't wait to play the games to win himself some junk. He wanted the blow up light saber and other assorted "treasures". Zoey got a flower and a blow up dolpin which was alright with her.


This was the reason that we went to the fair in the first place. Kyle had gone online and saw a cake decorating competition and let me know about it, so I thought I'd give it a go. I didn't win, but I had a great time coming up with my cake idea. The judges loved my pretzel and the blue ribbion. For all the work that it was, I think next year I will do a cake that will really blow them away...and win....not that I'm bitter or anything.


All in all the day went really well. We got to fill that need for corn dogs and tiger paws, and we got to participate in all the fun activites, but I think this picture says it all. At the end of the day it was about sitting in a shady spot and enjoying a cold drink...Best part of the fair!

4 comments:

Nelson Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! What a cute family! Seriously, your cake is so dang cute! I need you to teach me how to do that. You are so super talented! We need to do lunch for your birthday!! I owe ya!

Steph said...

WOW! I think you should have won the grand prize. That cake is super cute. You are awesome.

Jaynan said...

Yay! I found your blog! I hope that's okay!

You're cake didn't win? Wow! What in the world did the other cakes look like because yours is AMAZING!

Lizz said...

first place in my book...holy cow!!! (or should i say pig...) I often wonder if you watch ace of cakes..?? I love that show and think of you every time i watch it. your cakes are awesome!!!!!!!!!