Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Parker's 4th Birthday!


We started Parker's birthday weekend with a dinner out with Grandma, Grandpa and "Doots" (Aunt Steph). We went to Joe's Crab Shack and Parker got through his meal as fast as he could to get outside to the toys. Parker usually likes to get chips and dip with Grandpa at Applebee's, but he was content with what Joe had to offer.

On the day of the birthday Kyle and I were so excited to give Park's his present. We thought he would think that a big boy bike would be the coolest thing ever......we were wrong. We put the bike in the kitchen and ask him if he'd like to go see his present, so he went running to see...looked right at the bike and turned and ask where his present was. It just takes the wind out of your sails when you are more excited than the four year old. He is starting to come around to the idea of the bike..but it's going to be a long road to get him riding it confidently.


The highlight of the birthday for Parker was his cake. He told me for months that he wanted a Transformer birthday cake that transformed from a guy into a car......Dream on son! I can do some cool things with cake....but that is NOT one of them. I decorated it while Kyle took him to the store and I got the best reaction when he came home. It totally made up for the bike reaction.


No better reward for me than that big smile on my little guys face! It was a great birthday...and the party was still to come. I can't believe that he's four already...and starting pre-school in just a week or so. Now I get to look forward to what next years birthday will bring....


1 comment:

Jaynan said...

Happy birthday to Parker (and you!)! I love the cake! I was hoping for a chance to see it since we talked about it! I'll bet he's really enjoying the new bike!