Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Parker's Party....and Mommy's 30th!!

Well the Birthday extravaganza ended with the party of the centry for Park-Man. He got his Transformer Party that he'd been asking for, for months! He got to have four friends over and he chose his very favorite people. Caden Romph, Jared Keller (his cousin), Zach Yrungaray, and Nathan Gaisford. He calls them his very most favorite friends.

I thought instead of party hats this year....we'd do masks....and am I glad I did!!! I thought this was the funniest thing I'd seen! They didn't stay together very well...and they came off after about a minute, but it was well worth the money spent for the picture.


I had assigned each boy a Transformer name, just to keep with my theme and it looked really fun on the invitations. As you can see, Caden was Optimus Prime. I thought it fit in rather well with the party....don't you?

Among the games I had them do a relay race to "earn" their treat/prize bags. The very last obstacle, which went over better than I thought was carrying a spoonful of water to a bucket. They had to fill it up at least half way, but they were having so much fun, they filled up the whole bucket. I thought this photo of Nathan being so careful was really cute.

And finally to end Parker's birthday, and start my own birthday celebration, we let off popper fireworks in the back yard. They loved it! It was such a great party, and I have to say that Parker has some of the most wonderful friends!

The next day after the mess was cleaned up and I was completly exhausted, it was MY birthday. So Kyle did the most wonderful thing ever and suprised me with a manicure/pedicure while he watched the kids!!! It was three hours of "me" time and it was the best gift he could have given me. Then when I was all relaxed and happy, he took us to see a movie and then out for ice cream. All in all turning 30 wasn't so bad.....I feel terriably old....but as it says in the song "Lord have mercy on my next 30 years!"

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, you're going to love 30! It's been the best year for me..ever. Happy Birthday!!

Steph said...

Happy Late Birthday! I am so glad I found you in the blogging world. This is my social life. Pretty sad huh! Looks like a great transformer party. Zach had to have a transformer party too this year. Our masks didn't stay put together either but they looked cool. That was another awesome cake too. You are amazing. I want to see more cake pictures. I think your family pictures you posted are great too! See you at church. - Steph

Jaynan said...

Cute party ideas! I've played that spoon/water game before and it takes a VERY LONG time to fill up anything... and you used a bucket!! What a great way to keep four busy boys occupied!

Lizz said...

You're SO OLD!!! (i turned 30 in march!) Cute blog!!!